Experienced Representation When You Need It
A securities law concern can be an extremely challenging legal issue to face, especially on your own. If you are facing something like this, you deserve to have an attorney you can trust to fight for you. At Law Offices of Cary S. Lapidus, you will find an attorney with extensive experience fighting to secure the best outcome possible for his client’s legal needs.
Cary S. Lapidus is a California-based attorney and is highly experienced in the field of securities arbitration and litigation. He is AV Preeminent peer-review rated, the highest rating, through Martindale-Hubbell* and has been selected for inclusion in Northern California Super Lawyers multiple times since 2010. Mr. Lapidus has been quoted in Newsweek, Forbes, The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times,The San Jose Mercury News, TheStreet.com and other national publications.
Mr. Lapidus was a staff attorney with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission’s Division of Enforcement and Division of Market Regulation, where he prosecuted cases involving broker-dealer abuses, market manipulation, management and financial reporting fraud, Ponzi schemes, and insider trading. Mr. Lapidus graduated with distinction from the University of Virginia and obtained his Juris Doctor degree from Boston University School of Law.
Learn more about Mr. Lapidus’ experience and background by clicking the link below:
A Record For Success
Mr. Lapidus has represented numerous investors in American Arbitration Association, Pacific Stock Exchange and NASD arbitrations against most of the nation’s major securities brokerage firms. The cases have involved market manipulation, churning, unsuitable recommendations, employee stock options, unauthorized trades, and misrepresentations and omissions of material facts.
Mr. Lapidus’ practice also includes the representation of investment professionals in lawsuits against brokerage firms regarding compensation issues, wrongful termination and Form U-5 matters. In addition, Mr. Lapidus has experience representing clients in business litigation involving partnership disputes, breach of contract and misrepresentations in securities-related cases. To learn more about Mr. Lapidus’ successes, click here.
For over 15 years, Mr. Lapidus has educated other attorneys and experts in a broad range of securities and arbitration issues, including:
- Featured speaker, American Arbitration Association (“Evidence and Persuasion in Securities Arbitrations“)
- Panelist, National Association of Securities Dealers (“Punitive Damages in Arbitration“)
- Speaker, NASD Securities Conference(“Damages in Arbitration – Arbitrator’s Duty to Follow the Law“)
- Panelist, Practicing Law Institute, Securities Arbitration Seminar (“Should Arbitrators Apply New York Law In Face Of A New York Choice-Of-Law Provision“)
As an active participant in the training of arbitrators for securities disputes for the American Arbitration Association, Mr. Lapidus also co-authored Securities Arbitrator Training & Role-Playing Scenarios.
Mr. Lapidus has also:
- Served on the board of directors of the Public Investors Arbitration Bar Association (PIABA), a national organization of attorneys who represent investors in arbitrations against securities brokerage firms
- Served on FINRA’s National Arbitration and Mediation Committee (NAMC, three-year term), which is comprised of 14 leading securities attorneys and securities industry professionals from across the country
- Been a member of the American Arbitration Association’s National Securities Advisory Committee and the NASD Regional Arbitrator Recruitment Counsel
- Testified before the Securities Industry Conference On Arbitration (Representation Of Parties In Arbitration By Non-Attorneys) and before the Ruder Commission
Choose An Experienced Attorney
If you are facing legal issues involving investment losses, compensation disputes, termination, expungement or defamation, protect your best interests with the help of a committed and dedicated attorney.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ fall into two categories — legal ability and general ethical standards.